- The California Art Club promotes traditional fine arts in the fields of painting, drawing and sculpture.
- The California Art Club supports and promotes California history and heritage by providing historic and environment-related painting events and special themed exhibitions, as well as lectures and informative publications, e.g., California Art Club Newsletters and exhibition catalogues.
- The California Art Club maintains a sense of camaraderie for fellow artists and their patrons.
- The California Art Club acts as a service and information bureau for artists, collectors, museums, dealers, art historians and the press.
- The California Art Club’s ultimate goal is to educate the worldwide public on the high merits of traditional fine art.
- The California Art Club aims to reach an increasingly broader audience and expand Patron Membership by offering a wide variety of opportunities for involvement in the art world.
Mission, Policies & Bylaws
Dedicated to preserving and promoting excellence in representational art, Oil Painters of America’s primary mission is to advance the cause of traditional, representational fine art by drawing attention to the lasting value of fine drawing, color, composition and the appreciation of light.
Through our national and regional shows, educational programs, scholarships and marketing efforts, OPA has become a leader in the art community and a driving force in the new Renaissance.